DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS & EVENTS
Tamm Capital Group is an Indianapolis-based firm that specializes in association management and government affairs representing a wide variety of clients from across the state. At Tamm Capital Group, you’ll join a team that hustles hard to ensure client success while valuing the connections made in the process.
As the Director of Communications and Events, you will work directly with our association clients to implement strategy for all communications and execute events. In this role, you will be responsible for all membership communications, website maintenance, media relations and event planning. This role is supported by board members and committees to help drive strategy and provide industry insight.
We’re looking for a self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced working environment that can bring new and innovative ideas to content creation! Our team values trust, collaboration, and the ability to make a difference.
Tamm Capital Group is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse perspectives create a stronger team and better business outcomes. All are valued and welcome to apply.
Job Location: Indianapolis, IN
WHAT YOU GET TO DO:
- Create, implement, and maintain all association communications including but not limited to weekly e-newsletters, event marketing, social media, and website management
- Plan and execute up to 8 association events annually ranging from golf outings, annual meetings to Indy’s premier restaurant week event – Devour Indy
- Handle all media inquiries and maintain relationships with media contacts
- Develop connections with clients by leading committee meetings, working closely with partners and other professional development opportunities
- Monitor communications data to report and measure success
WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree (marketing or communications preferred)
- 2+ years’ experience related to communications, and/or events
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong writing and editing skills, knowledge of AP style is a plus
- Experience with content design software like Adobe products, Canva, etc
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT:
- The ability to manage a variety of projects simultaneously
- Photography and/or video skills
- Experience working for an association
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER:
- Fun, collaborative work environment
- 10 paid holidays + Vacation Time
- Hybrid Work Policy (after 6 months of employment)
- Support for your continuing education
- Simple IRA matching and health insurance
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter.
Please direct all applications and questions to Sarah Olivero at firstname.lastname@example.org