Full-Time Legislative Intern
Job Summary: The Legislative Intern will assist the Tamm Capital Group government relations team during the 2024 Indiana Legislative Session. This full-time, paid internship offers hands-on experience at the Indiana Statehouse. The Legislative Intern will aid in covering committee meetings, monitoring the bill process, and participate in daily interactions with clients, legislators, and others in the industry.
- Conduct research on legislative issues and summarize findings
- Assist in compiling and summarizing key legislation in the Tamm Capital Group weekly e-newsletters
- Attend committee hearings and legislative sessions while documenting pertinent information with accurate notetaking
- Prepare weekly bill track reports to be shared with clients
- Some college or law school required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and sensitive client information
- Self-starting independence with ability to work in a team setting
- Ability to research and analyze various types of data
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Knowledge of the Indiana Legislative Process and prior government affairs experience is preferred.
In order to maximize the internship experience and be fully immersed in the Indiana Legislative process, this position requires the Legislative Intern to be in the office or at the Statehouse throughout the duration of the internship; therefore, we prefer applicants have full-time availability during the work week. Certain exceptions may be permitted. Academic credit for undergraduate and law students is also available if approved by the applicant’s degree requirements.
This position is open until filled. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume to Director of Government Affairs, Abbi Raben, at email@example.com. Questions should be directed to this email address or 317-673-4200.